Sunday, July 17, 2011

This Week in Running: 7.12 to 7.18.11

Monday - 11 in 77:54 + core
Hot but good; starting to get in shape.  Fastest at end.
Tuesday - 90+ min bike (70/20) + core w/ calf emphasis
planned off day from running
Wednesday - 12 in 88:38 + core
Padded the mileage due to slow start.  Solid.
Thursday - 8.5 in 63:01 + core
5 x 3 min "comfortably hard" w/ 2 min rec; today was my first foray into "speed"work since the Feb. injury.  You gotta start somewhere, right?  Kept it very controlled. Gorgeous morning.
Friday - lifting w/ leg core + bike riding
Saturday - 16 in 2:02 + pm bike riding
Much better than last Saturday.  I can feel my legs getting stronger.  A good one.
Sunday - 7 in 52:49
I think I'm ready to make this recovery day a little longer.  Felt fine.

For the Week
54 1/2 running miles
~120 mins on bike
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Wishing I was at the Stowe 8.  Thinking about all the runners going all out there.  Waiting for the results to post...This was another good building week.  Mileage is up and pace is getting slightly faster without even trying.  I want to keep progressing without getting too avaricious.

No comments:

Post a Comment