Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This Week in Running: 7.18 to 7.24.11

Monday - 10.25 in 76:14; core
First run w/ Ben in months.  Too bad I felt like crap.
Tuesday - 2+ hour bike w/ KJ (lots of stops); core
Wednesday - 12.5 in 84:40; core; easy biking
Awesome run.  In a groove the whole way.  First 3: 7:36, 6:58, 6:43.  Final 3: 6:18, 6:43, 6:13.  Saw a big red fox out there looking for his breakfast.
Thursday - 9.75 in 69:55; leg core; easy biking
6 x 3 min comfortably hard w/ 2 min recovery.  I woke up early and finished before it was too hot out there.  Body felt pretty good.
Friday - lifting sequence and core; easy biking
Saturday - 17 in 2:09.12; leg core
Legs felt good then ran into some stomach issues over the last hour.  Unfortunately, that kept the pace slower than I intended.  Still happy to get 17 in the bank.  Not as hot as I anticipated.
Sunday - 8.25 + stride session
Easy run.  First time I've done strides in a while.

For the Week
57 3/4 running miles
lots of biking
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: The steady progression of miles continues again this week.  The last month looks like this: 44, 49, 54, 57.  That's on five days of running per week.  I think it's time to introduce a sixth day and monitor closely.  The foot is feeling good but I am still icing and massaging constantly.  Next will be a bit of a cutback week in anticipation of Carver, my first race since February.

No comments:

Post a Comment