Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This Week in Running 8.1 to 8.7.11

Monday - 10 easy miles + 45 min bike; core
slow
Tuesday - 5 easy miles w/ stride session; core w/ calf emphasis
Ran the strides in an effort to get out some post-race soreness.
Wednesday - 10.5 in 75:53 + easy bike; core
Best run of the week so far, but it needs to be farther.
Thursday - 11 in 80:25; core
Most aggressive fartlek run of the season.  3 x 4 min, 3 min, 2 min.  A good step.
Friday - lifting + easy biking; core w/ calf emphasis
Saturday - 18.5 in 2:20.36
Didn't feel bad just not as fast as I would've liked.  I guess base comes first and speed comes second.  Let's hope so....Felt a little like Bob Wiles b/c I was done before 0800.
Sunday - easy 8
My watch band broke yesterday, so the time of this run isn't exactly accurate, but I was going easy and wasn't worried about splits.

For the Week
62 3/4 running miles
~60 min + easy biking
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Happy to get in a 60 mile week as I take this as a sign of getting back into some serious running.  Hope to continue with the progression of miles and intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment