Sunday, September 25, 2011

This Week in Running: 9.19 to 9.25.11

Monday - bike 70 mins
Tuesday - 7 miles
Wednesday - 3.5 miles
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - lifting
Saturday - 10 miles
Sunday - 5 miles

Some easy biking accompanied each run just to up the total cardiovascular time.  I also got in 5 days of core work.  I'm trying to emphasize the lower back and hips as this needs to be a point of emphasis after the current injury.  The lower back is still sore when I run but it is manageable and sometimes the discomfort is more in my right hip than my lower back.  I have been killing myself with a trigger point roller 2x a day and I think that is helping.  Jen gave me a a deep tissue massage on Thursday and that helped too.

I was somewhat surprised to get 30 miles this week.  I had absolutely no mileage goals.  I did not worry about speed b/c I just wanted to feel "healthy."  Still holding out hope for CCM.  Good news: my legs feel like they are in shape.  I had some bounce in my step despite the sore back.

For the Week
30 1/2 miles
probably about 2 hours of biking
 5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment