Sunday, October 2, 2011

This Week in Running: 9.26 to 10.3.10

Monday - 7.25
Tuesday - bike 70 mins
Wednesday - 6.75
Thursday - 6.75
Friday - lifting
Saturday - 11
Sunday - 8.25 w/ race

For the Week
40 running miles
bike 90+ mins
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis:  Slow miles for most of the week and my back was sorer than I thought it would be and that stunk.  I was getting pretty depressed by my lack of progress and my runs had been pretty boring as a result.  You can only go on so many slow runs, especially when they are accompanied by discomfort.
The highlight of the week was definitely the Rome Blvd Road Race.  I felt much better than I thought.  I had very little back discomfort.  I took the race out slow, but at 3 miles was able to pick it up and pass three guys.  Now, I wasn't racing this race--I was treating it more like a tempo--but I felt good, and that's all I care about right now.  Maybe CCM is still a possibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment