Sunday, December 18, 2011

This Week in Running: 12.12.11 to 12.18.11

Monday - 10.25
2 x 10 min pickups w/ 3 min recovery
Tuesday - 5.25
easy recovery run
Wednesday - 11.5
run of the week; averaged 5:43 pace for 7 miles; this was a good hard tempo progression run
Thursday - 8.5
7 hill repeats; the hill was a shade of 60 seconds; a "baby" hill workout at 3/4 speed
Friday - lifting
chiro visit in am
Saturday - 16.75
excellent med-long run w/ Kevin Gray
Sunday - 7
slow and cold

For the Week
59 1/4 miles in 6 runs
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Very happy w/ Wednesday's progression run.  Good confidence builder that I can hold a respectable pace in practice.  By the end of the progression, I was sub 5:20 and I'll take that for mid-December.  Saturday was another excellent run.  At no point did I struggle.  Just clicking off the miles.  This was a cutback week, so I wasn't worried about volume but I did want to maintain or increase my current intensity.  I feel I did that.  Plus, a good bill of health for Mika.  Only area of concern: quads a touch tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment