Monday, December 26, 2011

This Week in Running 12.19 to 12.25.11

Monday - 12.75 w/ Ben
5 x 5 min pickups w/ 1-2 minutes recovery; each pickup got harder and faster
Tuesday - 6
easy recovery day
Wednesday - 13.25
tempo run; raining at end
Thursday - 11
great run; fast
Friday - sick
24 hour bug wiped me out
Saturday - 4
stomach still iffy
Sunday - 5.5
I love the early, early Christmas morning run

For the Week
52 1/2 miles
4 core workouts
Analysis: The bug on Friday foiled my week.  Between Friday and Saturday I was probably about -17 (I was planning on about 4-6 recovery miles on Fri and 16-17 on Sat).  I was feeling better on Sat but the stomach was still iffy and my body wasn't quite right.  Did I wimp out?  Maybe.  But, I'm better now and hope to have a strong week.  The first half of this week was really good; it just ended on a down note.  I'm looking forward to a great training week between Christmas and New Year's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment