Sunday, December 11, 2011

This Week in Running: 12.5 to 12.11.11

Monday - 10
w/ Ben
Tuesday - 7 
faster than normal for an easy day
Wednesday - 12 
tried to make this a tempo; ran as fast as I could in the cold rain storm
Thursday - 9 
dead legs
Friday - nothing more than some corework
Saturday - 20
major bonk but still did 20
Sunday - 9
best run of the week
For the Week
67 miles
5 core workouts
Analysis: For the first time in a long time, I had back to back horrendous runs (Thurs and Sat).  Quasi-interesting note: if I bonk during a run, I usually recover from it pretty quickly.  By 1500 I was ready to go for another run (of course I didn't).  When I have a great run, I'm usually beat for the rest of the day.  That's keepin it on the level I suppose.  

I'm trying to hit 70 miles per week.  3 short this week.  The plan is to do 40 during the week and 30 on the weekend.  That won't happen next week, though, b/c it's a planned cutback for the current mesocycle.  Mesocycle?  You can read about macro, meso, and micro cycles in the next issue of Level Renner.

1 comment:

Muddy Puddin' said...

You're the master of advertising and self promoting. I effin' love it. :)

Also, love the use of military time.

Nothing wrong with quality runs at quality effort.

Cheers.....

Post a Comment