Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Week in Running: 1.30 to 2.5.12

Monday - 12.25 in 85:xx
12 x 2 min hard w/ 1 min recovery
Ben and I absolutely nailed this workout.  I mean we killed it.  We ran our asses off.  At the start of the 3rd, Ben seemingly took off like a ball out of a cannon.  I was like: "OK.  Let's make it hurt." And we did.  After 6, the recovery was coming up real quick, but we were still like F that let's keep it rolling and we kept pushing and moving.  This was a hard good workout.  We got better today.
Tuesday - 6.75
am: 2.75
pm: 4
Evening work obligation so I broke up my easy day into two short runs.
Wednesday - 13.25 in 85:26
6 mile threshold run
1st 2: ~5:44 2nd 2:~5:34 3rd 2:~5:24
The first two miles were comfortable.  The whole threshold seemed pretty comfortable which makes me think that I might be in pretty good shape.
Thursday - 11 in 82:18
My body was tired; my body felt more tired than my legs.
Friday - easy 2
why not?
lifting in pm
Saturday - easy 8
A few striders mixed into this run.
Sunday - 15.25 miles w/ race
Great Stew Chase 15K
53.04; 3rd place; 5.42 pace
Felt good but at least 90 sec slower than what I thought my training indicated.  Bit perplexed but that but I will keep working.  Race report in a couple days--hopefully.

For the Week
68 1/2 miles
4 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Don't know what to think about the race.  Training has been going great.  Am I doing the right type of training?  Will take stock and keep at it.  3 weeks 'til Amherst.

1 comment:

Ben Nephew said...

Nice sandbagging on the penultimate interval on Monday. I was ready to take it easy on you with that last interval, and then you almost made me mess myself. Not friendly.

Post a Comment