Sunday, February 12, 2012

This Week in Running: 2.6 to 2.12.12

Monday - 9 in 68:30
Slow w/ Ben.  Sore.  Ben: my apologies to you for making this such a crap run.
Tuesday - 6.5
Still slow and sore.
Wednesday - 11.75
Good energy at the start not so much by the end.  Calves not as tight.  Hovering just above 7:00 in the dark.
Thursday - 12.5
Didn't want to run in the dark today, so ran in the basement.  I threw on Shawshank to help make the miles passed.  It worked.  6:30ish by midway.  6:10s by last third.
Friday - lifting
Saturday - 21 in 2:32.33
Great run w/ Kevin Gray.  We were chatting and the miles passed quickly.  I needed that.
Sunday - 10.25
The bounce is back.  Accomplished my goal of a 30 mile weekend and felt good doing it.

For the Week
71 1/4 running miles
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Spend the first half of the week in the doldrums after not running the time I had hoped at The Stew Chase.  Thank goodness for Kevin Gray and the run on Saturday b/c that brought some life back to my legs, back to my running.  That run propelled me to another good one on Sunday as I was running sub 7:00 without much effort.  Hadn't had a day like that all week, so I'm back to feeling good again and am looking forward to a great week of training.  Amherst is 2 weeks from today.

2 comments:

Mike Quintal said...

What's with that Dallas Cowboy star? Is that in honor of Leon Lett or something?

Mrs. G. said...

This KG not Mrs. G. that is just a blue star. it is not the cowboys' star. Now I am petrified that people may think I am a cowboys fan. I am not. I did, however, love that Leon Lett play against the fins on Thanksgiving day...that's my lasting memory of lovable Leon...my fave cowboy for that moment.

Post a Comment