Sunday, May 6, 2012

This Week in Running: 4.30 to 5.6.12

Monday - 11
Recovery miles.  Legs dead.
Tuesday - 7 1/2
Still recovering from James Joyce Ramble.  Legs heavy.
Wednesday - 11
Faster paced today and the energy level was back. Splits a little slow, telling me what I already knew: I was a little stiff.
Thursday - 12 
5 pickups at a hard pace: 10 min, 8, 6, 4, 2.  All w/ 1 min recovery.  This was a grind but the run went by quickly.
Friday - 2 1/2
Easy; did it after I lifted.
Saturday - 18 in 2:10
Ran the last 45 mins at a pretty good clip.
Sunday - 12 1/2
Easy run at Hale Reservation with Kevin Gray and Matt & Brett Ely.  Good convo.  Miles passed with no problems.  A good clean run.

For the Week
74 miles
4 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: The Ramble was my first race under 15K of the year, and it took me a little longer to recovery from it.  I need to work on speed and turnover.  I need to cut some shapes within the next two weeks.  I just read that Emil Zatopek used to run 40 x 400.  Maybe I'll try that.  It's only 10 miles....Ran 30+ miles over the weekend; that's pretty good for me.  Wouldn't've done it without the trio.  Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment