Sunday, June 10, 2012

This Week in Running: 6.4 to 6.10.12

Monday - 11.5 in 88.08
Hill workout w/ Ben.  12x a ~72-75 sec dirt road hill in the pouring rain.  Great run.
Tuesday - 7
Easy day.
Wednesday - 8
Well, today didn't go as planned. Was hoping to complete a 200m track workout but had a variety or problems out there from GI to general fatigue, so I stepped off the track and called it a day.
Thursday - 11
Slow. Couldn't get going.  Thought I would be hopping after y'day's shit sandwich but I ate another one today. Damn.
Friday - 4.75
Kevin Gray texted me and it was just the thing I needed.  We did an easy run w/ the dogs and it was fun and I felt good.  First time in 4 days that I didn't run in rain.  Skipped the gym and enjoyed the run.
Saturday - 9 in 67. 53
Shakeout run w/ Kevin Tilton.  Great convo and the miles clicked by.  We ran easy, got a little lost, but all was good. We even did 4 strides postrun.
Sunday - 12.5
Newton 10K.  33.40.  5.26 pace.  25th OA.  3rd for CMS.  One of my better races this year.  Report to follow.

For the Week
63 3/4 miles
4 core workouts
no lifting
Analysis: Mileage down about 8 miles b/c I skipped a long run for the race.  Wednesday's low total didn't help either.  Am happy with the race, though.  I turned my ankle on the trail run w/ KT on Saturday but it didn't hurt at all during the race, warming up, or cooling down.  It's sore now.  I've rolled this ankle three times now since April.

No comments:

Post a Comment