Sunday, January 27, 2013

This Week in Running 1.21 to 1.27.13

Monday
11 miles in 81.11
Got out before 0700.  Air was crisp and clean.  Felt good throughout the run but kept the reins on for the sake of the R calf, which is feeling better.  I think I'm being smart about this.  The time is nothing to write home about. The plan is to post times (even if slightly embarrassing) and watch the construction of a fitter, stronger, better self.
Tuesday
9.5 in 75:19
Jen got home early so I was able to get most of this run done in the daylight.  It also allowed me to run on trails for an extra couple of miles.  It was cold but awesome.  Caught myself saying outloud, "I love this run." On the way home, a fellow runner coming at me held out his hand for a high five.  I have no idea who this man is.  Brotherhood.
Wednesday
8.75 in 64:30
Did this on the treadmill.  Calf felt tighter on the t'mill than the road so I kept the pace moderate and shortened the distance.  Trying to be smart.
Thursday
5.5 in 45:45
Frigid.  Ran w/ Kevin Grey.  That helped.  Did I mention it was cold?
Friday
Planned off day.  PT regimen at the gym.
Saturday
15 in 1:57
Cold morning.  Dusting of snow on the trails.  Ran w/ Grey and Dave Conforto.  We went easy but the miles clicked by and we were done before it felt like drudgery.
Sunday
9.5 in 75:37
Same route as Tuesday w/ maybe a few minor detours.  I can't remember.  The streams and permanent puddle spots that were only semi-frozen on Tues were completely frozen today.  It's still cold.

For the Week
59 1/4 miles
Analysis: That mileage # isn't bad for this point in my training.  I've been in low 50s for the last few weeks, so to see this jump was cool.  I'm still going easy in an effort to protect the R calf.  I'm nursing that thing.  Because I don't want setbacks.  Sticking to the resolution: willing to sacrifice miles to stay healthy.  I don't feel anywhere near race shape.  I also think I need to drop a few lbs...or is that just my winter blubber protecting me from the cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment