Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Last Two Weeks: 3.18 to 3.31.13


The last two weeks have been some planned downtime.  Objective: take a planned break from running instead of running until something breaks down.  This is part of my 2013 resolution.  So, the last two weeks I have taken days off and completed casual runs.  I have continued to do PT/core/strengthening work with mostly my body weight during this time. Total mileage: 45 ¾ miles.

I’m excited for this next training block: April 1 to July 4.  I want to start running fast again and have charted out a plan that includes one workout per week dedicated to speed training and VO2Max improvement.  I’ve spent the last several months building back from the ab injury.  The base has been good but the speed has been not.  Part of the plan also includes racing my way back into shape.  For me, racing provides a stimulus that is often hard to mimic in solo training sessions.  I’m looking forward to mixing up this spring and summer.


Must continue to be smart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment